DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office-Hunt Valley, Maryland
DATE: October, 2014
POSITION TITLE: Data Analyst
DEPT: Data Integration and Business Intelligence
The Data Analyst is responsible for assisting the Data Services Manager in designing, implementing, and maintaining systems that will find and correct inconsistencies in multiple data sources. Ability to write simple Access queries is a must.
- Use Microsoft Access to create data files necessary to process specialized vendor-sponsored promotions; including manipulating incentive quantities and discounts
- Provide market research and sales reporting upon request for both Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. and its sister companies
- Monitor special sales and promotional incentives to ensure parity for all participating retailers
- Evaluate incentive quantities for sister companies and notify them of irregularities on a monthly basis
- Analyze and understand the purpose of the data they are entering/maintaining
- Provide accurate solutions when given an inquiry regarding an audit, a procedure, or system implemented at Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc.
- Establish an organized file naming system, by creating and maintaining project folders, to easily reference both current and previously completed audits
- Assist the Department Manager as needed
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office is a must, including Access
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills and ability to work on multiple projects with overlapping timelines
- Ability to research errors and find their source in order to prevent further occurrences
- Ability to keep track of multiple data rules yet determine when exceptions are acceptable
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and easily adapt to changes in existing procedure
- Ability to recognize minute differences in data
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong interpersonal skills