DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office – Hunt Valley, Maryland
POSITION: Brand Manager – Comics
This entry level position works with Purchasing Management, Purchasing Brand Managers, and the Catalog Department to identify, solicit, promote, and buy profitable items for Diamond and offer them to Diamond's retailers.
The qualified applicant will be required to develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned vendors, as well as work with vendors to promote the sales of their product in Previews. Strong focus on developing business leads, identifying product with sales potential for Previews, and managing multiple project deadlines is a must.
- Negotiate terms of sale, sell marketing services, and prepare supplier information on all new vendors.
- Work with Catalog Department to properly describe and present items in Previews.
- Work with Order Processing and Customer Service to answer queries and resolve problems with vendors.
- Stay abreast of new developments in general categories by reading trade journals and competitors catalogs.
- Pursue all avenues to get accurate information on new products and solicitations for the Catalog Department, and input them into the appropriate data structures within established deadline.
- Write up price changes, updates, and submit articles for inclusion in Diamond Dateline and Previews.
- Monthly review of competitor's catalogs; RE: 1) Pricing variance; 2) Special promotions they had with vendors.
- Possible travel to trade shows to search for new products and nurture relationships with established vendors.
- Stay up-to-date on all industry events and current market trends.
- Assist in Spotlight and Featured Item selection for Previews.
- Find creative ways to move excess overstock inventory.
- Review profitability of product listings with Team Leader.
- Help prepare back up for and help answer questions from Order Processing.
- Track movement and release dates for product.
- Contact vendors regarding late shipping product.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining inventory levels for assigned vendors.
- Present Diamond’s goals in a positive, constructive manner to suppliers, co-workers, retailers, and sister companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Must be willing to travel and work weekends (trade shows) when necessary.
- Knowledge of MCBA and MS Excel, and MS Access a plus.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills a must.
- Strong phone manner and negotiation skills a must
Please forward resume and salary requirements.