DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office – Hunt Valley, Maryland
POSITION TITLE: Print Team Manager
The Purchasing Print Team Manager is responsible for managing the Brand Managers and Administrative staff of the Purchasing Department’s Printed Matter team, monitoring and guiding relationships with key vendors, and implementing agreed upon company and departmental initiatives within the team. The Print Team Manager is also responsible for making sure all data is provided to the Marketing and Order Processing Departments in accordance with monthly and other periodic production cycle deadlines.
- Oversees daily activity of a team of Brand Managers with regards to vendor relations, product selection, catalog, inventory, and other tasks as assigned to the team
- Works with individual Brand Managers, the Purchasing Director and the VP of Purchasing to help resolve sensitive issues with prominent vendors
- Coordinates with the Order Processing and Marketing Departments to direct the Print Team staff to prompt vendors to provide Diamond with timely and accurate catalog and trade show materials, product specifications, purchase order fulfillment statuses and street release dates
- Supervises various promotional events during the course of the year as they relate to the specific vendors and brands represented by the Print Team staff
- Works closely with Diamond Book Distributors to obtain and maintain Vendor Book Industry Data, as well as present vendor brands at periodic Diamond Book Distributors sales conferences
- Works to facilitate other company initiatives as needed; such as Diamond Digital, Comic Book Specialty Market Expansion Program, Free Comic Book Day, and Halloween Comic Fest.
- Works with other Purchasing Managers, Directors, and the VP of Purchasing in formulating, revising, and enforcing goals and policies of the department and company
- Attends Trade Shows to meet with prominent Vendors on a periodic basis as requested
- Visits Vendors at their offices on an occasional basis as requested.
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree that includes some Management curriculum or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of two years of previous Management experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the publishing industry, experience with comics and graphic novels is a plus
- Proficient with all MS Office applications
Please forward resume and salary requirements.