DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office – Hunt Valley, Maryland
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant - Purchasing
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Director
The Administrative Assistant position provides administrative support to the Purchasing Department and acts as a training ground for potential Purchasing employees.
- Work extensively with Excel, Word, and Access creating weekly and monthly reports for the Purchasing Department, and completing data entry responsibilities
- Run and distribute reports using MCBA (an internal computer program)
- Assist the Brand Managers when needed by performing assigned Purchasing duties and data entry for all markets
- Take detailed notes during various Purchasing meetings
- Draft letters, e-mails and memos as directed
- Telephone contact with vendors, distribution centers, and internal departments, which may include scheduling and follow up correspondence
- Prepare mass mailings
- Assist in the preparation of shipments for trade shows, conventions, etc.
- Assist in the resolution of late shipping items and proactively resolve items in danger of exceeding the shipping parameters of our purchase order guidelines
- Maintain data accuracy both internally and on information feeds to retailers
- Print, collate and distribute Previews Item Detail back up
- Point of contact for some vendors, will be responsible for several assigned Purchasing duties
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Detailed knowledge of Windows operating systems, Excel, Word, and Access. Knowledge of Access programming preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to type a minimum of 40 wpm