DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Distribution Center – Olive Branch, Mississippi
POSITION / TITLE: Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Logistics
The Manager is responsible for directing the daily work of their department within a 600,000 square foot building. The qualified applicant will have experience in a fast paced, 24/7 distribution center. Their responsibilities may include but are not limited to: scheduling, directing leads and supervisors, insuring that all work is completed timely and accurately, communicating with their Director and other departments, and enforcing housekeeping and safety. Cross training in all functional areas of the center will be required (receiving, order filling, shipping, inventory control, kitting, etc.)
- Oversee employees to insure timely and accurate completion of duties
- Train and motivate employees
- Maintain safe and orderly work areas in compliance with safety procedures
- Communicate effectively with managers and other departments as needed
- Help solve problems that arise in daily operations
- Understand and help to accomplish overall Company goals
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Two years of college preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years managerial or supervisory experience preferred
- Leadership qualities such as, but not limited to: self-motivated, goal-oriented, highly organized, detail-oriented, decisive, perseverance, and emotional and physical endurance
- Ability to quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of all of Diamond Comic Distributors’ policies and procedures relative to this function
- Above average computer and business systems comprehension and knowledge. Experience with JDA/Red Prairie WMS is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to train and motivate others
- Must be able to work all necessary shifts, including occasional holidays