DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office - Hunt Valley, Maryland
DATE: January, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Sales Supervisor
Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. is seeking an experienced Sales Executive with a background in Action Figures & Collectibles and/or Comic Books/Graphic Novels for this supervisory position. The Sales Supervisor’s primary focus is to help lead a sales team through call project administration, results reporting, Access query generation, training, sales strategy implementation, solicitation materials support, and overall quality assurance. Additional responsibilities include oversight of bulk remainder sales from solicitation to product delivery, as well as building sales relationships with a core account base of prominent toy channel customers.
- Be a strong leader and reference point to sales staff inquiries with regards to policies, procedures, and software.
- Implement sales call projects using Microsoft Office Suite as well as proprietary software.
- Manage project data and report results.
- Write Access queries specific to sales inquiry needs.
- Train new personnel and existing staff on policies, procedures, and software.
- Execute bulk remainder sales from solicitation through delivery. Communicate with internal teams to achieve sales. (purchasing, order processing, credit, distribution center)
- Monitor sales staff activities to ensure alignment with department goals.
- Call on assigned customers on a regular basis and build sales relationships with existing accounts. Review merchandise to solicit the best products for each assigned customer.
- Represent the company and open new accounts at trade shows.
- Some travel required.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent. BA/BS in a business related discipline preferred.
- One plus years of sales & customer service experience. Wholesale experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong Leadership capabilities
- Mid to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Access programming experience strongly preferred.
- Enthusiastic out-going personality.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about comic books, graphic novels, toys and other collectibles.
- Ability to work independently of others.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.