DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office - Hunt Valley, Maryland
DATE: December, 2016
POSITION TITLE: Pop Culture Sales Account Executive
Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. is seeking an aggressive Sales Representative with a background in Action Figures & Collectibles and/or Comic Books/Graphic Novels for this entry level position. The Pop Culture Sales Account Executive’s primary focus is to develop and increase business with Diamond’s non-comic store retail customers. Additional responsibilities include prospecting, product presentations, POS analysis, and sales forecasting. Qualified candidates must be well informed in the world of pop culture.
- Call on assigned customers on a regular basis.
- Build relationships and sales with new accounts.
- Review merchandise to solicit the best products for each assigned customer.
- Inform customers of the services we offer, establishing the company as a competitive distribution choice.
- Work with the company’s New Accounts Department, keeping up with the needs of recently opened accounts.
- Use Internet and other research resources to prospect for customer leads for our varied product lines.
- Provide feedback concerning industry trends, customer suggestions, and customer polling.
- Responsible for providing customer service to assigned customers.
- Follow-up account administration from close of sale through product delivery.
- Coordinate execution with internal teams (purchasing, order processing, credit, marketing, customer service) as needed
- Represent the company and open new accounts at trade shows.
- Initiate follow – up phone calls for leads established at trade shows.
- Some travel required.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some College preferred.
- One plus years of sales/customer service experience.
- B2B sales experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate. Typing skills required. (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word preferred).
- Enthusiastic out-going personality.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about comic books, graphic novels, toys and other collectibles.
- Ability to work independently of others.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Must be able to perform well with tight deadlines.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.