DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office – Hunt Valley, Maryland
POSITION TITLE: Graphic Designer
DATE: January 2017
REPORTS TO: Marketing Production Manager
This full time, entry level graphic designer position will be responsible for production work for a monthly print catalog, web graphics, and more.
- Daily formatting of New to Order artwork files. The art is received in the afternoon and art files are formatted in Photoshop to post to our website by 10:00 the next day. The same artwork will be clipped out and put on a white background for other use.
- The PREVIEWS catalog monthly production will include section layout using Adobe InDesign. The ability to learn layout requirements and pick up speed will be important.
- Every Friday a layout is done in InDesign for Previews Plus. Other duties for this process include formatting art files, making a final text file, creating a PDF file to post to the website.
- Trade show signs are created and printed in house for many shows throughout the year. Learn how to print signs to our HP large format sign printer.
- Other projects may include small catalogs, web ads, print ads, product sell sheets, and more.
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- B.A. in Graphic Design, Communications, or a related field; and/or prior work experience in a graphic design position
- Software experience with: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Must be a team player with the confidence to step in and help with whatever task is available. Some projects are shared efforts in which one person will start, and someone else may jump in to do corrections and send to press. Everyone works together to get the job done by the required deadline.
- Must be detail oriented
- The hours for the position are 8:30 am – 5:30 pm (with an hour lunch break included)