DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office – Hunt Valley, Maryland
DATE: February, 2017
POSITION: Mail Room Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Administrative Director
The Mail Room Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of routine tasks and special requests associated with the daily operations of Diamond’s Home Office Mail Room under the guidance of the Administrative Director and/or other departmental management. The daily tasks are often time-sensitive and therefore require consistent performance without reminders, with a focus on efficiency and accuracy. An overview of the daily and special requests is outlined below under “Essential Functions”. All tasks are to be completed as a team player within the department and company.
- Sign-in and distribute incoming parcels from external carriers (i.e., United States Post Office, United ParcelService, Federal Express, etc.) to various locations throughout the Home Office.
- Pick-up outgoing U.S. mail from various departments and/or companies at the Home Office and process with on-line postage software to assure proper postage and required documents are applied.
- Pick-up outbound parcels throughout various locations at the Home Office and processing of the respective packages through an electronic UPS shipping system.
- Assist in light maintenance throughout the Home Office.
- Assist in the movement of large boxes from different departments in Home Office and/or other local facilities.
- Provide clericalsupportfor mass mailings on an as needed basis.
- Assist with organization and distribution of Mail Room materials (i.e., office supplies, stationary, printer ribbons, copy paper, etc.).
- Assure the Copy Rooms are properly supplied with copier paper at all times.
- Assure the coffee areas and Lunch Room are properly supplied with paper towels at all times.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels of the Mail Room materials and respective ordering from the proper supplier.
- Assist with service calls on office equipment (copier and faxes, etc.) to include replacing toner and/or drums, along with troubleshooting reported problems.
- Check in employee product from and distribute to appropriate departments each week.
- Distribute Previews, Baltimore Magazine, etc. on a monthly basis to various employees.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack.
- Must be able to type and comprehend a variety of paperwork.
- Ability to operate mail and shipping systems and other similar office equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus.
- Ability to use basic hand tools to perform a variety of installation and/or repair requests.
- Ability to work unsupervised on a regular basis.
- Ability to handle confidential and valuable materials.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.