DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION: Home Office – Hunt Valley, Maryland
DATE: December, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative’s primary focus is to research potential new customers for Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. and help them through the new account process. Once the account is opened, the representative will work with the new customer to identify the best mix of comics, toys, or other pop culture related merchandise to suit their needs and guide them through their first orders as a Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. account.
- Perform proactive lead gathering and management.
- Use internet and other research resources to prospect for customer leads for DCD’s varied product lines.
- Represent DCD and open accounts at trade shows and conventions.
- Work with applicants who are buying from Diamond Comic Distributors (DCD) for the first time.
- Call on prospective and assigned leads for qualification purposes.
- Inform prospective customers of services and product choices available to them through DCD.
- Review customer agreements/routing guides and interact with Diamond’s credit, edi and operations departments to identify any challenges Diamond may have in successfully meeting the customer’s requests.
- Communicate and negotiate any concerns discovered during the New Account process.
- Initiate follow-up calls and establish relationships for successful transition to Account Executive teams.
- Some travel required.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some College preferred.
- One plus years sales/customer service experience.
- Must be computer literate. Data Entry and typing skills required. (Outlook, Excel, Word and Access for Windows preferred).
- Enthusiastic out-going personality.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of/or ability to learn comics, toys, and other collectibles.
- Ability to work independently of others.
- Must be able to perform well with tight deadlines.
Please forward cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.